Advertisement

Fire damages home

May 21, 1999

CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. - A grease fire damaged a kitchen in a home in the Belvedere Heights subdivision Friday afternoon, according to a fire official.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but there was smoke and heat damage throughout the house, which is being rented by Chuck Carper, according to Citizens Fire Co. Lt. Steve Anderson.

The house is owned by William Jordan.

There were no injuries, although firefighters had to administer oxygen to three cats and a dog, Anderson said.

Belvedere Heights is along W.Va. 9 just east of Charles Town.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|