Advertisement

Brush fire destroys satellite dish

April 30, 1999

MONT ALTO, Pa. - A brush fire, believed to have been started by a discarded cigarette, threatened a home on Furnace Road on Friday afternoon, but firefighters from four area companies kept the flames from the building, a fire official said.

The fire did destroy a satellite dish, said Shawn Adolini, deputy chief of the Mont Alto Fire Department.

The fire burned from two to three acres, Adolini said.

Firefighters from Waynesboro, Blue Ridge Summit and Fayetteville responded along with Mont Alto.

Also Friday, several Franklin County fire departments sent crews to fight a larger mountain fire in adjacent Adams County, said Bruce Kile, a forester with the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in Fayetteville.

Kile also said two aerial tankers, including one that was refilled at Hagerstown Regional Airport, were used in the Adams County fire.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|