Bowman House, at 323 N. Main St. in Boonsboro, was the residence and "Boonsboro Pottery" of John Bowman for about 40 years after he purchased it in 1868. The house and 2.6 acres on the National Pike were given to Boonsboro Historical Society in 1971 by Charles Smith, a grandson of Bowman.
This is the third season that Bowman House has been open to the public for tours and living history in the form of open-hearth cooking demonstrations the fourth Sunday of the month, usually between March and October, according to Jan Wetterer, Boonsboro Historical Society spokeswoman.
Last November, Denny and Shawen Warrenfeltz prepared an open-hearth Thanksgiving dinner.
The Warrenfeltzes volunteer their services, as do members of the historical society, who act as tour guides in the log house.
Admission is free.
For information, call 301-432-8410.