Advertisement

Woman injured in fire that destroyed house

April 02, 1999

GREENCASTLE, Pa. - A woman suffered minor burns to her hands Friday trying to extinguish the fire that eventually burned down the house she shared with her husband, Greencastle Rescue Hose Company Chief Robert Ebersole said.

The fire at the single-story house at 13251 Countryside Drive in Antrim Township, Franklin County, Pa., was first reported at about 11:30 a.m. Friday.

Ebersole said the fire apparently started when a candle ignited a sofa.

He said the damage to the house was "major."

The couple was staying with relatives for now, Ebersole said.

He said they had insurance.

An estimated 45 firefighters from companies in Greencastle and Halfway, Maugansville and Long Meadow in Maryland responded to the fire.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|