Advertisement

Fire displaces family of four

January 02, 1999|By KIMBERLY YAKOWSKI

BIG POOL, Md. - A family of four were left homeless after an accidental electrical fire destroyed their trailer Saturday evening.

The fire at 11452 Big Pool Road broke out around 7 p.m.

Homeowners, Bob Lipella, Paula Myers and their two children had traveled to Hagerstown for dinner and were not home when it occurred, according to Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Department Chief Curtis L. Cline.

Cline said faulty wiring at the bottom of the 1972 trailer caused the blaze.

"It started in the floor and spread to all of the rooms at once," said Cline.He said firefighters worked for 40 minutes to get the fire under control.

"It was a total loss," he said.

A neighbor noticed smoke from the fire and notified emergency services.

Fire companies from Williamsport, Maugansville, Hancock, Fairplay, Halfway and air and rehabilitation units responded to the fire.

The family is currently staying at a donated apartment in Clear Spring.

Advertisement

Donations of clothing or household items can be dropped off at the Clear Spring Fire Hall.

Monetary contributions can be sent to the Mount Carmel Church, 11023 Big Pool Road, MD, 21711.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|