Advertisement

Faulty wire removed from Chamber of Commerce

December 29, 1998

Downtown Hagerstown traffic was detoured briefly Tuesday morning as firefighters worked to remove a faulty wire from the roof of the Chamber of Commerce building.

The wire had split sometime Tuesday and caused a continuous spark, Hagerstown Fire Department Capt. Brian Pile said.

Pile said the building at 111 W. Washington St. was not burned, but could have been damaged had the spark gone unnoticed for several hours.

Fifteen firefighters responded to the scene at about 9:10 a.m. and cut power to the wire. They left the scene at about 9:40 a.m., officials said.

The wire went around the bottom of the roof and was used as heating tape, Pile said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|