Advertisement

Bus evacuated after electrical malfunction

July 24, 1998

An apparent electrical malfunction caused an evacuation of passengers from a county commuter bus Thursday around 1:38 p.m. in Hagerstown, said Kevin Cerrone, county transit supervisor.

Smoke coming from the dashboard alerted the driver the problem and she stopped the bus at Northern and Pennsylvania avenues and evacuated several passengers, said Cerrone.

No passengers were injured.

Hagerstown and Longmeadow Volunteer fire departments responded to the call.

The passengers were transferred to another bus to continue their trip, he said.

Cerrone said he did not know how many passengers were on the bus.

Cerrone said the bus should be back in service today. A wiring problem in the bus headlights caused the smoke, said Cerrone.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|