Williamsport and Clear Spring firefighters put out a fire Friday west of Huyetts Crossroads that came within three feet of a 5,000-gallon propane tank, a fire official said.
A neighbor was burning debris near the fence line with Pizza Barn at 15616 National Pike around 11:30 a.m. when the fire got out of control and spread to dried pine needles on the ground, said Fire Chief Will Ball with Williamsport Volunteer Fire Co.
The neighbor had the fire contained when about 10 firefighters arrived, Ball said. The firefighters had the fire under control within five minutes, he said.
There was no damage to the Pizza Barn or the propane tank behind it, Ball said.