So your holiday didn't come off as you had dreamed. So your decorations and celebration weren't greeting-card perfect.
You are not alone.
We asked our readers for stories about holiday disasters. They responded by phone, fax, letter and e-mail. They range in age from 13 to 82, and they recalled their mishaps with good humor.
We thank them for sharing their calamities and hope their stories bring you a smile and an appreciation for your own celebration, however less than perfect it may have been.
- This creature did a lot of stirring
- A tree full of spiders was not on their list
- Much to his dismay, the tree skirt could not escape her
- Two good excuses for a late dinner
- A Christmas tree fell in her mother's lap
- She'd rather have angels than praying mantises
- She was in labor, and the cat was in the tree
- They made sure the gravy was salted
- Her family's presents were stolen
- Live critters played their part in his display