According to court records, the following people appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Don Beachley in October on charges brought by National Park Service rangers on C&O Canal property:
- Crystal J. Domer, 19, of 17017 Oakleigh Way, minor in possession of alcohol, $30 fine.
- Mary Killen, 20, of 18531 Showalter Road, minor in possession of alcohol, $75 fine.
- Scott W. Kline, 24, of 115 Catawba Place, No. 3, possession of alcohol in closed area, $75 fine.
- Vincent R. Robinson, 19, of 13806 Lockwood Road, Williamsport, minor in possession of alcohol, $30 fine.
- Donald J. Thomas, 18, of 17017 Oakleigh Way, minor in possession of alcohol, $75 fine.
- Kenneth W. Shaffer Jr., 25, of 13003 Resh Road, driving on a suspended license, $160 fine, six months probation.
- Marklin A. Strite, 19, of 13419 Clear Spring Road, Clear Spring, violation of alcohol restriction on driver's license, $160 fine.