Advertisement

Fire log

October 02, 1997

GREENCASTLE, Pa. - A fire in insulation above the ceiling of an Antrim Township company caused moderate damage Wednesday morning to the structure, Greencastle fire department Deputy Chief Barry Williams said.

Williams said the fire occurred at Trans Ply Inc. at 120 Pine Drive south of Greencastle. He said it appeared that insulation around a furnace began smoldering and then caught fire. It was reported to fire and rescue officials at 5 a.m., he said.

Firefighters had to cut the tin roof of the building open in order to get to the blaze, which had spread into the rafters, Williams said.

The business remained open Wednesday, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|