Advertisement

Short circuit causes fire

August 05, 1997

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A short circuit in a heating system for the front steps of a Guildord Township home was the cause of a minor fire Sunday night, according to Deputy Chief Bob Albrecht of the Fayetteville Volunteer Fire Company.

Firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm at 96 Woodland Way at 9:04 p.m. where they discovered heavy smoke in the basement, Albrecht said.

The fire was located directly under the front entrance of the ranch-style home where a heating system used to warm the front steps during icy conditions was installed, Albrecht said.

The fire was extinguished in about a half hour after firefighters had to rip up the stone steps, Albrecht said.

Estimated damage is $2,000.

There were no injuries.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|