Advertisement

Ether causes scare in Ranson

July 20, 1997

RANSON, W.Va. Two bottles of ether were safely removed from the Independent Fire Co. Friday after someone apparently left the material outside the building, officials said.

Ether is a highly flamable liquid that is used for a variety of medical purposes, said Fire Chief Ed Smith.

Smith said he believes whoever left the two quart-sized cans of ether at the department did so to dispose of the material.

Proper disposal of the material costs several hundred dollars, Smith said.

Smith said the material could have exploded in the intense heat Friday afternoon, but officials were able to remove the material safely.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|