Advertisement

Fires battled in Martinsburg

July 05, 1997

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - Three minor fires that could have become serious kept Martinsburg firefighters busy early Friday.

The first, a fire in a trash bin next to a building housing the Big T Salon at 404 W. King St., was doused at 1 a.m.

An hour later, a 1983 GMC pickup truck burned up in a garage at 409 S. Kentucky Ave. The truck sustained $2,000 damage and the garage about $3,000, said Lt. Steven Canby. Both fires are under investigation.

A reported structure fire at about 2 a.m. at 117 S. Church St. turned out to be a fire in a basement caused by an overloaded electrical circuit, Canby said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|