Bret Crowell, of Williamsport, was taken to Washington County Hospital shortly after the 1 p.m. incident. He was treated and later released, hospital officials said.
Police busy with thefts, break-ins
Thefts and break-ins kept area police busy Monday and early Tuesday.
- Washington County Sheriff's deputies got a report Tuesday morning that someone had broken out a bay window at the Virginia Avenue Shell Station at 17722 Virginia Ave.
Apparently nothing was taken.
- An amplifer was taken from a car parked at Blue and Gray Towing, 1219 W. Washington St., on Monday, according to Washington County Sheriff's deputies.
- A window at E. Russell Hicks Middle School was reported broken Monday on the southwest corner of the building, according to Hagerstown City Police.
- Four tires and wheels were taken from a 1991 Nissan parked in front of 217 N. Cleveland Ave. Monday, Hagerstown City Police said.
Loss was estimated at $500.
- Property valued at $675 was taken from the McClellan Gun Club at 5241 Red Hill Road near Keedysville Monday, according to Washington County Sheriff's deputies.
Taken were a weedeater, a Homelite blower and some food from a freezer.
Chambersburg man faces Fla. charges
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A Chambersburg man wanted in Orange County, Fla. on charges of conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder was arrested Saturday at 10:44 p.m. after a routine traffic stop on Lincoln Way East at Sixth Street, according to Chambersburg Police.
Nicholas Drue Reidout, 19, of 414 Central Ave., Chambersburg, was arraigned before District Justice Gary Carter and placed in Franklin County Prison in lieu of $500,000 bail, police said.
Reidout will be extradited to Florida to answer the charges, police said.
Man arrested in string of burglaries
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A Chambersburg man was arrested Thursday in connection with a string of residential burglaries in the last two months, according to Chambersburg Police.
Donald L. Deshong, 29, of 281 Lincoln Way West, was charged with criminal trespass for an incident which occurred at 135 Glen Street on April 6 and one count each of burglary and theft for a residential burglary at 118 Fifth Ave. on June 4, police said.
Deshong faces charges in three other break-ins, police said.
was charged with burglary and theft for break-ins that occurred at 1322 Wilson Ave. on May 11; 75 Grandview Ave. on June 3; and at 1780 Wilson Ave. and 1431 Wilson Ave. on June 4, according to police.
Also, one count of attempted burglary has been filed for an attempted break-in at 1427 Wilson Ave. on June 4, police said.
Deshong will be arraigned before District Justice Gary Carter on those charges later, police said.