By MARLO BARNHART
and TERRY TALBERT
A 16-year-old Boonsboro area boy was found dead Wednesday morning, the apparent victim of inhaling butane, according to Washington County sheriff's deputies.
The youth, whose name wasn't released, was found in an unresponsive state in his Trego Road home at 1 a.m. by a family member, according to Deputy Richard Schleigh.
When an ambulance crew arrived on the scene, the boy was pronounced dead, Schleigh said.
"It's a first for me," Schleigh said. He said he couldn't remember another such death in his experiences with the Sheriff's Department, although he had learned about the dangers of inhalants in his training as a deputy.