Fire damaged the home of a Washington County Sheriff's Department officer Monday night, fire officials said.
Lisa Mullendore, wife of 1st Sgt. Doug Mullendore, was sent to Washington County Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation on Monday night, fire officials said. Her condition was unavailable.
The fire severely damaged a second-floor bedroom at 19612 Cool Hollow Road when a candle was knocked over, said Chief Kyd Dieterich with the Funkstown Volunteer Fire Co.
There was heavy smoke damage to the second floor, he said. Firefighters put out a fire within five minutes.
Sgt. Mullendore said he was working a night shift when he heard the fire reported.