The owner of the property is Thomas E. Shaw of 8673 Jordan Road, Fairplay, Cronauer said. Shaw has insurance, Cronauer said.
Cronauer said 45 firefighters fought the blaze and had it under control in 35 minutes.
Mother charged after children found walking unattended
FREDERICK, Md. - A 4-year-old and an 18-month-old were found walking unattended at East 3rd Street and North Market Street Friday morning and brought to Frederick Police Headquarters by a citizen, police said.
The mother of the children, Shirley Ann Sybert, 32, was arrested and charged with two counts of contributing to the condition of a child.
Child protective services also was notified after the 9:17 a.m. incident, police said.
Four charged in drug deal
FREDERICK, Md. - Two men and two boys were charged in a drug transaction at West 6th Street at Klinehart's Alley Thursday night, Frederick Police said.
Eric Louis Vasquez, 21, of Fairfield Drive, was charged with four counts of distribution of marijuana, two counts of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, two counts of possession of marijuana, and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Lamonte Montae Young, 18, of Waverley Drive, was charged with possession of marijuana.
Two boys aged 17 and 16, both of Frederick, were charged with possession of marijuana.
Police said they observed an alleged drug transaction between Vasquez and the others at 9:10 p.m.
Man charged with possession
FREDERICK, Md. - A Pittsburgh man was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia Thursday after police searched his red Ford pickup and seized 53.9 grams of suspected marijuana at about 9:15 p.m., according to the Frederick County Sheriff's Office.
Joseph Thomas, 39, was held at Frederick County Adult Detention Center on $2,000 bond.
The arrest was made at Bloomfield Road south of Sundays Lane.
Fire destroys mobile home
NEW MARKET, Md. - Fire raced through a mobile along Boyer's Mill Road Friday night, according to a fire official.
A 3-year-old girl who lived in the mobile home noticed the fire around a television set and alerted her mother, said Vern Wachter of the New Market District Volunteer Fire and Rescue.
The 7:07 p.m. blaze destroyed the home, said Wachter.
Officials believe the fire was electrical in nature. The home, located at 6300 Boyer's Mill Road, was owned by Jerry Blentlinger, Wachter said.