The $2.1 million would buy:
- $338,000 - 73 computers and software for classrooms and computer lab at Smithsburg Elementary School.
- $405,000 - 101 computers and software for classrooms and computer lab, Lincolnshire Elementary School.
- $490,000 - 175 computers and software to update the seven high school business labs.
- $336,000 - 120 computers and software to update the computer labs at Hancock, Clear Spring, Williamsport and Boonsboro high schools.
- $55,000 - 30 computers and software to update the computer lab at Smithsburg High School.
- $229,000 - 75 computers for classrooms and the computer lab at North Hagerstown High School.
- $75,000 - 30 computers, software and wiring to create an up-to-date computer lab with full Internet access at South Hagerstown High School.
- $266,066 - Local match to state technology grant for 53 computers for Boonsboro Middle School, 30 computers for Clear Spring Middle School and 51 computers for Springfield Middle School. Each classroom will have a computer with Internet access through the school board's central office.
Some project costs include wiring to facilitate Internet access.