By TERRY TALBERT
Police raided two apartments on West Church Street in Hagerstown early Tuesday and arrested seven people on drug charges.
Two children found in one of the homes were turned over to relatives, according to Washington County Narcotics Task Force Director Charlie Summers.
Summers said the raids stemmed from undercover investigations that involved drug buys by informants.
In the first raid at 38 W. Church Street, Summers said officers arrested five people, each of whom were charged with possession of crack cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. They are:
- Arthur Clifton Doakes, 30, of 301 Lemon Road in Ranson, W.Va., who was being held at the Washington County Detention Center on Tuesday night in lieu of $2,500 bond.
- Terri Lynn Straub, 34, of 38 W. Church Street in Hagerstown, who was being held in lieu of $1,000 bond.
- Frank Johnson, 32, of 603 Hayes Ave. in Hagerstown, who was released on personal recognizance.
- Rasheed Ali, 29, of 1110 State St., Philadelphia, Pa., who was being held in lieu of $1,000 bond.
- Thomas Leroy Alleyne, 29, of 1025 Ward Ave., Bronx, N.Y., who was being held in lieu of $5,000 bond.
In the second raid at 620 W. Church St., Summers said the following people were arrested and charged with possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia: