Did you know?
- Strawberry is the most popular flavor.
- There are 22 gelatin flavors. From April to June, a 23rd flavor called Sparkling White Grape will be added.
- Famous Jell-O spokespersons have included Bill Cosby, Jack Benny, Andy Griffith, Ethel Barrymore, Jackie Cooper and Kate Smith.
- Grapefruit, apples and pears will float in Jell-O, but prunes and maraschino cherries won't.
- When hooked up to an EEG machine, Jell-O demonstrates movement virtually identical to the brain waves of a healthy adult.
- Reflecting the flavor crazes of certain periods in history, Jell-O once produced cola, celery, chocolate, coffee and apple flavors.
- As immigrants passed through Ellis Island, they often were served a bowl of Jell-O as a welcome to America.
- Some of America's most prominent artists, including Norman Rockwell, Guy Rowe, Maxfield Parish, Rose O'Neill and Linn Ball, have created advertising series for Jell-O.